We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Lead to join our QHSE team to help develop and lead the environmental strategy for the business.
This role will involve both working from the office and home along with travel to various sites, so a full UK driving licence is essential. The main office you will be working out of will be our head office in Ipswich.
Main duties will include:
- Help develop and lead the environmental strategy for the business
- Lead on the delivery of the environmental and sustainability objectives
- Environmental data management, analysis and reporting
- Ensuring business compliance with environmental legislation and regulations across a range of projects
- Supporting projects and providing environmental advice and with regard to design, legal compliance and construction
- Leading site inspections and audits working around ISO 14001
- Looking for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as a point of contact for environmental matters with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering, or related sector.
You will ideally have a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM) and have experience in environment assessment and impact management. This role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, so the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential.
Knowledge and experience of internal auditing, and ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 would also be beneficialExcellent benefits package and personal development opportunities
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Competitive package including a car and other bonuses
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee benefits platform
- Company social calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.