We're recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support our Senior Quantity Surveyors in our Southern Region. The role will be working on interesting civil engineering schemes in Surrey and West Sussex, including highways, structures, river works and flood protection. The initial scheme will be based in Hassocks.
- Provide general assistance to Quantity Surveyors
- Assist with preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Assist with identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Ongoing cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Assist with preparation of estimates
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Assist with the preparation of variation accounts
- Assist with the preparation of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We’re after a highly organised individual with great negotiation skills, who has excellent verbal and written English.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and possess good negotiation skills. They will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a civil engineering environment and undertaking the commercial function for active contracts.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.