Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to continued success we are now on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team working with the Environment Agency Team on the Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF). This role will be based in Tamworth but the projects will be located across the whole of the Midlands Region (Lincs and Northamptonshire, East and West Midlands).
Your main responsibility will be to commercially manage multiple pre-construction project development projects from tender through to final account, working for the Commercial Lead and Framework Director. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a collaborative civil engineering environment - the CDF presents an opportunity to be fully integrated with the Client and project teams across the complete project life cycle - whilst also having the ability to manage multiple schemes at any one time. A good working knowledge of cost and time management, the NEC form of contract, its full application and online contract tracker tool use is also required.
- Ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Preparation of estimates
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
We’re after an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience working on civil engineering schemes and experience as a QS working with the NEC form of contract.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.