To strengthen our Proposals team, we are recruiting for a Bid Writer.
We are looking for someone who either comes from a construction background and has great writing skills, or is from a journalistic or writing background but has some understanding of construction and the environment. Ideally you will work from our Ipswich Head Office with flexible home working to support a healthy work/life balance.
As our new Bid Writer, you will join a dynamic, innovative, focused and engaged team, tackling an increase in workload from a variety of key clients, including the Environment Agency, Highways England, local authorities and private clients. We want to work with someone who will ask the right questions to get the best information out of our site teams.
You will uncover the ‘why, how, who and when’ from our project teams, then develop and write case studies and specialist evidence pieces which demonstrate and showcase Jackson’s principles and values.
- Team player - You will be working in a team that must meet tight deadlines for each tender submission. You will need to collaborate with head office planners and estimators as well as reach-out to our regions.
- Great writing skills - Key to this role. If you are selected for interview we will ask you to take part in a written exercise that will allow us to best assess the skills you are able to bring to this role.
- Time management - Working as part of a tight team, you will need to manage your time efficiently, appreciate how other departments work, and learn how to get the best out of them during each tender.
- Added value - Gain information and evidence for responses that demonstrate added value to each client.
- Continuous improvement – Learning lessons individually and for the business will be key to winning work.
- Gathering, collating and managing quality information for business-critical bids and tenders.
- Compiling, writing and presenting quality information for tender submissions.
- Working with our pre-contracts planners and estimators to interpret methodologies for written submissions.
- Understanding our clients’ needs to exceed their expectations and win work.
- Visiting live project worksites to appreciate how the won work is being delivered on the ground.
- Reflecting a positive image for Jackson Civil Engineering across the wider market place.
- Reviewing results of previous tender submissions to learn lessons and continually improve.
- Co-ordinating any associated tasks such as presentations, tender interviews and awards submissions.
- Ensuring all work complies with quality, health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Free on-site parking
- A bright, modern, open plan office
- Company social calendar
- Regular fun days hosted in the office, and a broad range of charity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.