An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated, experienced Estimator to join our busy team, based our Head Office in Ipswich, Suffolk.
Producing estimates alongside other team members, maintaining and improving the quality of estimating techniques and processes, the successful candidate will be required to attend tender meetings and liaise with clients in order to gain a thorough understanding of the project requirements.
Other main duties include:
- Manage and co-ordinate information for bids and tenders within designated area
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- Gain and understanding of what the client’s needs are
- Collecting quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Planning job timescales
- Assessing and advising on commercial risk
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Clearly conveying the financial elements of a tender to site staff at tender handover
- Involvement in review/ input to quality submissions
Are you the person we are looking for?
A strong background in civil engineering is required, along with a detailed understanding of estimating techniques as well as a sound knowledge of spreadsheets and other estimating packages. The role will involve detailed analysis of direct and indirect costs along with regular reporting on the progress of tenders at all stages, and working to deadlines in order to achieve desirable results.
This role is mainly office based but occasional site visits will be required to expand technical knowledge and company culture.
We also offer some fantastic perks.
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer a company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme , 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance program.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.