Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers
We are now recruiting for an experienced General Foreman in our Northern Region. Initially you will be working around the Lincoln/ Torksey area.
- Direct the work of operatives and sub-contractors
- Ensure environmental systems are implemented satisfactorily
- Contribute to preparation of the programme
- Plan and order materials and plant to achieve programmes
- Keep daily records of work carried out
- Ensure that works proceed in accordance with site programmes
- Ensure all plant on site is suitable for the task and conforms to current legislation
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We need someone who is conscientious, hardworking, IT competent and is excellent at keeping records. Must also have experience in people management and motivation of staff.
Already experienced as a General Foreman with a main contractor and previous experience in highways, infrastructure, structures and flood defences, you will also have relevant industry experience and qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid at Work. NRSWA would also be desirable.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.