We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now recruiting for a Design Engineer – Temporary Works to work in our Head Office based in Ipswich, Suffolk.
This will be a full time role working within the Design Department preparing economically viable and safe temporary work designs for live contracts. You will also assist the department’s pre-contract planning function by providing compliant T/W design alternatives that are evaluated against feasibility, cost and safety and used in the preparation of winning tender bids.
- Provide associated method statements, risk assessments and competent technical input for tender quality submissions, and in-house designed T/W Assist in building designer/JCE integrated teams
- Ensure self-generated output is compliant with the T/W brief, Works Information and relevant current design codes
- Where deemed necessary, assist in procuring specialist sub-designer support, manage them and review their design output to ensure compliance with our T/W Brief, standards and specifications, our construction, quality, environmental procedures, and health and safety objectives
- For more significant temporary works, visit sites during installation and/or in use, provide advice if required. Seek feedback from the site teams on the suitability and ease of the design solution
- Maintain library of technical literature
Are you the person we are looking for?
- Good collaborative communication skills
- An engineering background and experience in temporary works
- Programming software skills
- Awareness of applicable CDM Regs requirements
- An understanding of the need to work to accepted design processes, procedures, guidance, codes and standards
- Management skills to encourage designers to provide on time, right first time, solutions
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.