Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of several regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver.
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Setting out Engineer to initially work around the Potters Bar area.
- Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs
- Read and review construction drawings
- Undertake basic take-off’s
- Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
- Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
We are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have solid setting out experience with a main contractor and previous experience of earthworks, drainage, highways, and some experience of reinforced concrete structures. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel within the Highways Division around the M25.
A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer a company vehicle, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.