We're recruiting for an experienced Public Liaison Officer to work in our Southern Region initially focusing on a scheme in Rainham, Essex.
The main purpose of this role is to manage communications with clients, stakeholders and the general public, using all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the business.
Hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with occasional evenings. The position also comes with a company car so a full UK driving licence is essential.
- Dealing with Stakeholders and advising them of upcoming works
- Stakeholder Management
- Developing a customer complaints process and dealing with complaints in a timely manner
- Monitoring complaint data to identify trends and logging complaints on a monthly basis
- Communication with internal and external clients, PR and JCE senior management
- Attend and contribute to regular process meetings with the project team
- Compilation of monthly reports
- Organisation of regular public exhibitions/li>
- Organising and undertaking newsletters and press releases
- Going on site visits and taking site photos
- Having involvement of insurance claims
- Investigate and possibly implement social media sources as a method of communication with the public affected by the scheme
- Involvement with partnering workshops
- Liaison with local schools including arranging presentations and events
- Preparing for and assisting in the hosting of Considerate Contractors scheme audits
- Development of social value initiatives
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We are seeking an individual with excellent public facing skills, a confident communicator, who is highly organised with creativity and imagination.
The ideal candidate will be able to cope well under pressure, be good at multitasking and have excellent time management skills. Must have previous stakeholder and public management experience. Must also be proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
A construction industry background would also be desirable.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, we also offer life assurance cover, a company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.