Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
Jackson is one of the largest privately owned Civil Engineering contractors operating across the UK and we are now seeking a Senior Planning Engineer or Planning Engineer to join us at our Head Office based in Ipswich.
The main purpose of this role is using your site experience, provide support to the pre-contract tender team, finding solutions to engineering problems and planning bid winning methods of construction, scheme programming and assist with bid writing.
- Provide advice and assistance on planning, programming, methods of construction and solutions to engineering problems
- Ensure that any programmes and supporting documents produced, comply with all scheme specific constraints
- Ensure that while planning each tender, all possible alternative methods and strategies have been considered and discussed with the tender team
- Assist with providing supporting documents for each tender submission as required
- Jointly reviewing all sub-contracted design work with respect to buildability and tender compliance, seeking advice from the Design Manager when necessary
- Keep up to date with industry developments, innovations and legislation
The ideal candidate will have a wide experience of working on civil engineering sites, will have a minimum of an HNC civil engineering qualification and be comfortable working in a team.
We’re after someone with good communication skills and ideally the successful candidate should be conversant with programming software, such as Asta or Microsoft Project, although training can be provided.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.