Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver.
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now on the lookout for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support our Senior Quantity Surveyors in our Northern Region. The role will be initially be working at projects across the Midlands and projects can include highways, infrastructure, bridges, flood alleviation and general heavy civils.
You will mainly be responsible for assisting with the commercial function for construction projects.
- Provide general assistance to Quantity Surveyors
- Assist with preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Assist with identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Assist with preparation of estimates
- Assist with analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Assist with preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Assist with preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Assist with providing evidence for resolution of disputes
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We’re after a highly organised individual with great negotiation skills, who has excellent verbal and written English.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a civil engineering environment and undertaking the commercial function for active contracts.
Due to this being a regional based role, the successful candidate must be ok to travel and have a full UK driving license.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company car, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.