Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now on the lookout for a Section Engineer to join our Southern Region initially working around Surrey/ Guildford/ West Sussex and SW London areas. We do work for both the private and public sector and some of our work includes highways, bridges, river and sea defences, industrial, infrastructure and environmental schemes.
The main purpose of the role is to progress the construction process and assist in delivering the project.
- Liaise with site management to complete quality take offs.
- Develop awareness of potential commercial opportunities / issues with the project.
- Develop knowledge and ability in completing hazard / risk assessments and method statements, including alerting relevant personnel to control measures and work methods therein.
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification.
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers.
- Manage sectional setting out requirements on site.
- Manage the sectional service plans/ drawings. Issue permits accordingly.
- Assist the QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes.
- Manage the as built requirements of your section and contribute to the completion of the site health and safety file.
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
Are you the person we're looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a good background in Civil Engineering schemes with experience at Section Engineer level, working with the NEC form of contract. Must also be computer literate including the use of CAD.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout our Southern Region.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.