Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job.
We are now on the lookout for an experienced Site Agent to join our Northern Region initially working around Birmingham.
Main duties will include:
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provision of method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Ability to understand the tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets – company financial reporting.
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
- Managing design co-ordination.
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
- Informing, consulting and involving local groups as necessary.
- Promoting and ensuring all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
- Understanding and administering contract change.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Already experienced as a Site Agent you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable.
You will also have experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor with experience in - highways, bridges, infrastructure, earthworks, environmental works, and experience of working in frameworks.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We also offer some fantastic perks.
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.