Jackson is one of the largest privately-owned Civil Engineering contractors operating across the UK and we are now on the hunt for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work in our Southern Region.
The role will be working on interesting civil engineering schemes in Surrey and West Sussex, including highways, structures, river works and flood protection. The initial scheme will be based in Hassocks.
- Provide general assistance to Quantity Surveyors
- Assist with preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Assist with identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Assist with preparation of estimates
- Assist with analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Assist with preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Assist with preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Assist with providing evidence for resolution of disputes
Due to this being a regional based role, the successful candidate must be ok to travel and have a full UK driving license.Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.