We're recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join our busy team at our Head Office in Ipswich.
The main purpose of this role is to deal with the preparation, processing and submission of tenders for contracts by calculating the costs involved in supplying a product or service that meets the client’s technical specification.
- Manage and co-ordinate information for bids and tenders within designated area
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- Gain an understanding of what the client’s needs are
- Collecting quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Planning job timescales
- Assessing and advising on commercial risk
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Clearly convey the financial elements of a tender to site staff at tender handover
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Involvement in review/ input to quality submissions
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and presentation skills, who has good commercial awareness and problem solving skills. Must also have strong numerical and analytical skills and be able to pay close attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Civil Engineering, along with a detailed understanding of estimating techniques. Must also have sound knowledge of spreadsheets and other estimating packages.
This role is mainly office based but occasional site visits will be required to expand technical knowledge and company culture.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.