We're recruiting for an experienced Site Agent to primarily work around the North Kent/Surrey area.
You will be responsible for managing the construction and complete delivery of one or more schemes, safely, profitably, efficiently and in accordance with the contract.
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Understand the tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets – company financial reporting
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
- Manage design co-ordination
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors
- Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary
- Promote and ensure all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Understand and administer contract change
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We are looking for someone with a real ‘can do’ – ‘will do’ attitude, who is ambitious, a team player and flexible.
You should be:
- Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
- Have a strong commercial focus
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel), and programming software such as Asta PowerProject and Microsoft Project.
- Conscientious and hard-working
Already experienced as a site agent you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable.
You will also have at least 5 years' experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor with experience in highways schemes.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.