Due to continued success in the region, we're on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Northern Region, to work on projects around West Yorkshire / York and East Riding of Yorkshire
You will be responsible for managing the commercial aspect of schemes, from the site start-up to the final account. You will seek to manage project costs and enhance value as part of the site team, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Preparation of Subcontracts
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We’re after an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience working on highways and structure schemes and 3 years’ experience as a QS working with the NEC form of contract. RICS or ICES would be desirable but not essential.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.