A Planning Engineer is required to strengthen our busy team at our Head Office in Ipswich.
The main purpose of this role is to provide support to the pre-contract tender team, finding solutions to engineering problems and planning bid winning methods of construction, programming and bid writing.
- Provide advice and assistance on planning, programming, methods of construction and solutions to engineering problems.
- Ensure that any programmes and supporting documents produced, comply with all scheme specific constraints.
- Ensure that while planning each tender, all possible alternative methods and strategies have been considered and discussed with the tender team.
- Provide supporting documents for each tender submission as required.
- Review all sub-contracted design work with respect to buildability and tender compliance, seeking advice from the Design Manager when necessary.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, innovations and legislation.
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We’re after someone with outstanding communication, commercial and people management skills, who is also able to manage complex, multi- work steam opportunities.
The successful candidate will be conversant with programming software, such as Asta or Microsoft Project, and will have an HNC, HND or degree standard, civil engineering qualification and be comfortable working in a team.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.