Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to continued growth we are now on the lookout for a Regional Quantity Surveyor to work in our Northern Region and to be based out of our new Chesterfield office and covering sites across the Region.
Some of the main duties will include:
- Ensure regional staff comply with commercial procedures and contractual requirements.
- Guide and advise regional staff on contractual and financial issues affecting the commercial aspect of the region.
- Recruitment, management and development of regional staff, identifying training where necessary.
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control.
- Review and authorise certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
- Management of regional staff to ensure contract variations are identified and maximise recovery.
- Management or regional staff to facilitate timely applications for payment and prompt final account settlements.
- Notify the Board of Directors of major financial and commercial problems or disputes.
- Prepare documentation for dispute resolution when required.
- Prepare and review CVR reports with Contracts Managers and agree reporting position prior to submission to Regional Director.
- Present commercial reporting to the Regional Director.
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
You will need to demonstrate knowledge of working as a Regional / Managing Quantity Surveyor on a broad range of Civil Engineering projects including highways, infrastructure and structures. You will need to be proficient in all aspects of the NEC form of contracts. We are looking for an excellent communicator who will also need to demonstrate excellent man management skills.
RICS or ICES would be desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee asssiatnce programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.