Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of seven regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver.
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to winning more projects in the Region and increased workload, we are now recruiting for an experienced Foreman in our Eastern Region. Ideally you will be based around Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire
The main purpose of the Foreman is to maintain efficient productivity and to manage resources on site.
- Direct the work of operatives and sub-contractors
- Ensure environmental systems are implemented satisfactorily
- Contribute to preparation of the programme
- Plan and order materials and plant to achieve programmes
- Keep daily records of work carried out
- Ensure that works proceed in accordance with site programmes
- Ensure all plant on site is suitable for the task and conforms to current legislation
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We need someone who is conscientious, hardworking, IT competent and is excellent at keeping records. Must also have experience in people management and motivation of staff.
Already experienced as a site foreman with previous experience in highways, infrastructure, structures and flood and river protection, you will also have relevant industry experience and qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid at Work. NRSWA would also be desirable.Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.