Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of seven regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver. We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Controls Manager to join our Northern Region.
The main purpose of this role will be to ensure the consistent administration of the planning strategy and change management across the Northern Region. Reporting into the Managing Quantity Surveyor and Regional Director, the successful candidate will need to be a team player and work closely with the Contracts Managers to ensure delivery targets are met, and the correct information is available to assist the monthly report process.
With the applications of checks and balances, the candidate will ensure that the Project Managers, Agents and Engineers are successfully capturing and recording change in accordance with the conditions of contract for each of the schemes in the region. It is envisaged that the region will be accountable for up to fifteen schemes at any one time, at varying delivery stages. The administration of change must be captured vertically downwards with the supply chain as well as with the client. As such, communication is a key attribute which will need to be demonstrated both outwardly and inwardly facing.
- Jackson Civil Engineering undertake works in the Civil and Infrastructure sector and as such, the candidate must have relevant experience working in this sector. Primarily, the candidate will have experience and knowledge of highways, earthworks, structures, piling, drainage, and utilities.
- Excellent commercial awareness and contract administration. Must have knowledge and experience of NEC3, ICC (ICE), and JCT forms of contract.
- Understand the administration of change management and recovery of cost and programme entitlement.
- Proficient planning skills – be able to successfully utilise MS Project and Asta PowerProject.
- Be able to interrogate programmes and assess the effect of change on the critical path and resources.
- The role will involve a significant amount of travel, and whilst the Regional Office is in Chesterfield, there will be a requirement to visit each of the sites within the region at least monthly.
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company car or car allowance, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.