If you have a head for numbers, great communication skills, a willingness to learn and able to work to tight deadlines, we want to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has just completed A Levels, ideally with A-C in Maths and English or someone looking for a new career path. It will involve working alongside our Buying team, assisting with the purchasing of materials and services to support our site teams.
No previous experience is necessary, training programme will be provided. Training will cover civil engineering and chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply (CIPS).
- Providing support to regional buyers with procurement related activities
- Materials procurement within the designated areas, frameworks and supply agreements
- Tender stage material and subcontract procurement process
- Sourcing potential suppliers and new products
- Maintaining supplier database, tasking include: issuing questionnaires, updating records
- Assist Chief Buyer with preparation of purchasing and sustainability reports
- Contacting a range of suppliers and subcontractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms with suppliers
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well organised work schedule
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensuring all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We’re after a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, keen negotiator and a team player, someone who can prioritise tasks and manage their time to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to build good relationships, be well organised and self-motivated.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.