Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to continued success we are now recruiting for a Planning Engineer to join our team based at Head Office.
The main purpose of this role is using your site experience, provide support to the pre-contract tender team, finding solutions to engineering problems and planning bid winning methods of construction, programming and bid writing.
- Provide advice and assistance on planning, programming, methods of construction and solutions to engineering problems
- Ensure that any programmes and supporting documents produced, comply with all scheme specific constraints
- Ensure that while planning each tender, all possible alternative methods and strategies have been considered and discussed with the tender team
- Assist with providing supporting documents for each tender submission as required
- Jointly reviewing all sub-contracted design work with respect to buildability and tender compliance, seeking advice from the Design Manager when necessary
- Keep up to date with industry developments, innovations and legislation
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
The ideal candidate will have experience of working on civil engineering sites at management or senior level.
You will also have a minimum of an HNC civil engineering qualification and be comfortable working in a team.
We’re after someone with good communication skills and people management skills who has commercial awareness.
Ideally the successful candidate should be conversant with programming software, such as Asta or Microsoft Project, although training can be provided.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company car or car allowance, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.