Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to continued growth we are now on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor to work in our Northern Region and to be based out of our new Chesterfield office.
You will mainly be responsible for managing the commercial aspect of schemes, from the site start-up to the final account. You will seek to manage project costs and enhance value as part of the site team, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Preparation of estimates
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We’re after an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience working on highways and structure schemes for a main contractor and experience as a QS working with the NEC form of contract.
RICS or ICES would be desirable but not essential.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee asssiatnce programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.