Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of seven regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver. We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to increased workload we are now recruiting for a Section Engineer or Senior Engineer to supplement the existing team working at Dartford and Ashford, working on road schemes in the value of £4M - £8M. This is a permanent vacancy working days, although occasional nights may be required due to the nature of the role.
- Undertake day to day setting out duties
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
- Manage and monitor all site sample / performance testing requirements and maintain records in line with the contract specification. Maintain the Inspection and Test Plan to suit
- Complete hazard / risk assessments and method statements, including alerting relevant personnel to control measures and work methods therein
- Manage the site service plans/ drawings. Issue permits accordingly
- Assist the site QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes
- Monitor and control temporary works
- Develop and maintain relations with client, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people who are looking to progress their career.
We are seeking a confident communicator who is flexible and willing to multi task and react to work demands.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in general civil projects (£1M - £10M) with a main contractor and have previous setting out experience. The successful candidate must also have a CSCS card and a suitable qualification in civil engineering.Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, employee assistance programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.