Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of seven regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver. We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now on the lookout for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to cover the areas East Sussex, West Sussex and Surrey.
You will mainly be responsible for managing the commercial aspect of schemes, from the site start up to the final account. You will seek to manage project costs and enhance value as part of the site team, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Support and mentoring of junior staff
- Maximise profitability on contracts
- Monitoring contract costs against budgets
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Preparation of estimates
- Procurement of sub-contractors, including preparation of sub contract documents
- Assessment and certification of interim and final payments to subcontractors
- Preparation and agreeing main contract variations
- Assist in the preparation of documents for resolution of disputes (adjudications / arbitrations and the like)
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We’re after a highly organised individual with great negotiation skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy skills.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with the NEC form of contract, and experience of working on highway structure schemes.
RICS or ICES would be desirable.Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.