Due to increased workload we are now recruiting for experienced Senior Engineer for our northern region, initially working on a scheme in Cottingham. We try to get our staff home to their families each night, so ideally, you’ll be located in the Leeds/South Leeds area to allow future support on other schemes in the region.
- Day to day setting out
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
- Manage and monitor all site sample /performance testing requirements and maintain records in line with the contract specification. Maintain the inspection and test plan to suit
- Complete hazard / risk assessments and method statements, including alerting relevant personnel to control measures and work methods therein
- Manage the site service plans/ drawings. Issue permits accordingly
- Assist the site QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes
- Complete quantity take offs
- Monitor and control temporary works
- Develop and maintain relationships with the client, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work.
We’re seeking a proactive problem solver and a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have experience in heavy civils with a main contractor, specifically earthworks. Environment Agency experience would also be highly desirable. The successful candidate must also have a CSCS card and a suitable qualification in civil engineering, minimum requirement HND with 5 years’ experience. A First Aid, SMSTS and a degree in Civil Engineering would also be desirable for this role.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.