We’ve recently won several projects in our eastern region, so we’re recruiting an experienced Foreman. We try to get our staff home to their families each night, so ideally, you’ll be based around the Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire area.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining efficient productivity and managing resources on site.
- Direct the work of operatives and sub-contractors
- Ensure environmental systems are implemented satisfactorily
- Contribute to preparation of the programme
- Plan and order materials and plant to achieve programmes
- Keep daily records of work carried out
- Ensure that works proceed in accordance with site programmes
- Ensure all plant on site is suitable for the task and conforms to current legislation
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We need someone who is conscientious, hardworking, IT competent and is excellent at keeping records. Must also have experience in people management and motivation of staff.
Already experienced as a site foreman with previous experience in highways, infrastructure, structures and flood protection, you will also have relevant industry experience and qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid at Work. NRSWA would also be desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.