We’re on the lookout for an established Site Manager to work in our eastern region. We try to get our staff home to their families each night, so ideally, you’ll be based around the Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire area.
- Management of site staff, operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, risk assessments and project management plans
- Understand the tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets – company financial reporting
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
- Manage design co-ordination
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors
- Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts
- Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary
- Promote and ensure all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Understand and administer contract change
- Supervise, mentor and assist in the career development of junior staff Supervise, mentor and assist in the career development of junior staff
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work.
Already established as a Site Manager with at least 5 years’ experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor, you will ideally have experience in highways, infrastructure, structures and flood and river protection.
You will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A first aid at work qualification is also desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.