We are now on the lookout for an established Site Agent who is looking to progress their career to Project Management level.
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Understand the tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets – company financial reporting
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
- Manage design co-ordination
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors
- Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary
- Promote and ensure all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Understand and administer contract change
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work.
You should be:
- Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
- Have a strong commercial focus
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel), and programming software such as Asta PowerProject and Microsoft Project.
- Conscientious and hard-working
The successful candidate will be a good communicator, who is confident and driven to progress their career. This is an excellent opportunity for a Site Agent who is keen to move to a Project Management role.
Already established as a site agent with at least 5 years’ experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor with experience in - highways, bridges, infrastructure, earthworks, environmental works, and experience of working in frameworks.
You will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.