We're recruiting for an experienced Site Agent to initially work in Rugby.
The project involves deep drainage, utility services, street lighting, signage and landscaping.
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Understand the tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets – company financial reporting
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
- Manage design co-ordination
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors
- Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary
- Promote and ensure all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Understand and administer contract change
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work.
You should be:
- Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
- Have a strong commercial focus
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel), and programming software such as Asta PowerProject and Microsoft Project.
- Conscientious and hard-working
Already experienced as a site agent you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable.
You will also have experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor, and have experience in highways, bridges, infrastructure, earthworks, environmental schemes, and experience of working on framework contracts.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.