We're recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer to work initially in Halifax.
- Show an ability to assist with project commercial targets, objectives and procedures
- Show an ability to assist with potential commercial opportunities / issues within the project
- Manage project setting out requirements on site in line with the contract programme
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
- Manage and monitor all site sample / performance testing requirements and maintain records in line with the contract specification. Maintain the Inspection and Test Plan to suit
- Complete hazard / risk assessments and method statements, including alerting relevant personnel to control measures and work methods therein
- Manage the site service plans/ drawings. Issue permits accordingly
- Assist the site QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes
- Complete quantity take offs and MRQ’s for materials required on your site
- Monitor and control temporary works
- Develop and maintain relations with client, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We're seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have strong highways and structure experience. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification. You'll also be certified and competent to use cable avoidance tools and understand HSG47.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout the Midlands area. A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.