We're on the lookout for a Payroll and HR Clerk to join our head office based in Ipswich. This role is a 30 hour a week contract over 4 days.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain up to date records in respect of the complete payroll function of the business as well as providing support to the HR team.
- Process in year and year end payments and deductions for statutory and contractual obligations for employees through payroll
- Process all starters and leavers
- Administer private fuel calculations to year end
- Administer the pension scheme
- Submit P46 car changes and the year end P11d to HMRC
- Create payroll cost reports and process the payroll journal and monthly reconciliations
- Ensure payroll bureau process all wages and salaries via BACS systems
- Pay over deductions to statutory and non- statutory bodies such as HMRC and GAYE
- Ensure company compliance with statutory and legislative updates and changes
- Support HR with the electronic filing system
- Maintaining and updating existing systems and processes within the HR department
- Other general admin duties
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We're seeking an individual who is highly numeric, with a methodical and organised approach to work. The ideal candidate will also be confident with good communication skills who can work independently as well as in a team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, be able to demonstrate sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and have GCSE’s in Maths and English at Grades A-C or equivalent.
Perks of the job
We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion, your application has not been successful.