We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Southern Region working around the Kent area. Projects are likely to be £2M - £5M schemes. This is a permanent role working out of our Mereworth office.
- Management of site staff, operatives and sun-contractors
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans
- Understand tender allowances and monitor contract loss against agreed budgets
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
- Manage design co-ordination
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors
- Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion
- Supervise and mentor staff
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and at Jackson we pride ourselves on our no-nonsense approach to work. We’re after a highly organised individual with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership and team management skills as well as negotiation skills.
Already experienced as a Project Manager or a Site Agent looking for the next step in your career, you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable.
You will also have experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor with experience in highways, bridges, infrastructure, earthworks, environmental works, and experience of working in frameworks. Programming and Forecasting experience would also be desirable.
Perks of the job We don’t just offer a great place to work, the package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.